Thursday, 16 June 2016

Task 1 - History of music videos




                           
Learning comment:
          
From this I learned how music videos have evolved from standard performances, to a story relating to the lyrics. I've also learned that in previous years the editing styles were quite slow paced, with very little on the screen, layers used to make it less dull and hand held came movement. However the more recent music videos incorporate lots of different angle shots, with fast cuts to go with the energy and beat of the song. This change may have occurred due to the change in more common music being a lot faster and upbeat. This will allow me to have a better understanding of the sort of music video I should produce for the genre of music i will choose. Things to consider for my more modern music video are; fast paced shots, multiple different angles to make the video more immersive, minimum of two settings and a suited narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment