Tuesday, 15 November 2016

Task 22 - Creating a Band Logo


Here are a group of artist and band logos I have collected over the internet. These are some of the most iconic music logos and font styles in the world and are so remember for their simplicity and their eye catching design. they often use very little colour to keep them basic and they also use flat colour, i will take his into consideration when i am making my band logo.

                                  
This is the first font that I chose for my band logo, from a website called DaFont. I liked this font as it matches the band gene in terms of it being quiet edgy and that its really close to being a clean cut average font, however due to it being tilted and slightly worn it stands out more. This font looks like it was made to look like a sketch, in terms of it being quite rough and not completely finished.
                                
The next font I found under the horror theme on the same website. I liked this font as it was too quite edgy and thought there was lots of things i could do with this logo when incorporating it with a logo. However it didn't match the genre very well so it will be unlikely that i use it. I also relate this font to slashes or claw marks, which also supports the reason for why this logo doesn't match the genre.
                              
This font, like the first one as it is quite edgy and extremely close to being a normal/ basic font. However like the band it has a slight twist to it where it follows the same shape and structure of something normal, however it is slightly worn and in some parts looks uncontrollable, changing the hight of the font.
                               
This is the final font that I found and it reminds me of bones or icicles so already suited the band name. This logo suits the genre well and also isn't similar to any of the other two so stands out more.


Above are is the flame from the beginning outline to the final design. Firstly I drew the flame outline using adobe illustrator using the pen tool, this allowed me to draw curved lines with ease giving a clean cut finish and realistic fire image. The second design i made using adobe photoshop where I used the gradient tool and two flame like colours (orange and red), I also tried it using ice them colours. I then tested it from red to blue, but finally decided to use a combination of the second and third design.



 Here I have added the font that i chose from the selection earlier, i have tried it with both black font and also reds and blues. to make the coloured font stand out more i have added a thin outer glow to give it a black outline. I think I will use the logo on the left for my final design however my decid=sion could change throughout the digipak design process.

No comments:

Post a Comment